Support The Christ-IN Culture
This week we allow Clint to geek out over words, language, and their origin. We uncover common terms we may throw around or hear today and where we can see their roots found in scripture. Though all of these are attributed to the bible or Judeo-Christian culture, the origins of some of them are uncertain. But one thing we do know is that there are huge parts of modern languages that only exist because of Christianity. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- Legend of Korra (TV series)
- Parks & Recreation (TV series)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mobile Game)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Video Game)
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Video Game)
- Hollow Knight (Video Game)
- Metroid (Video Game)
- Love, Rosie (Movie)
- Kacey Musgraves (Musician)
- Disney Music
- Lord of the Rings Deck Buidling Game
- Sword Art Online (TV series)
- Be concious of the words that you use
- Choose one or more of these phrases and study their meaning
Check Us Out
- 7 Words You Didn’t Know Had Christian Origins — You can’t get away from the fact that Christianity has been highly influential to the culture of the West, from morality and science, to architecture and music. Our language, one of the most important aspects of a culture, has also been highly influenced by the Christian faith.
- 18 Everyday Expressions Borrowed From the Bible — The Oxford English Dictionary credits The Wycliffe Bible, a 14th century Middle English translation of the Bible, with more early citations of English words than the works of Dickens, Ben Jonson, Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Samuel Pepys, and John Milton combined. The Bible even outranks William Shakespeare in the OED, with evidence of a grand total of 1547 new words compared to Shakespeare’s 1524.
- 37 Common English Sayings (From the Bible) — The Bible has influenced and transformed many lives, leaving a mark forever on the lives of millions. The cultural influence of the Bible even impacted even the English language, specifically with the King James Version.
- The Biblical Origin of the Phrase "Straight And Narrow" — The phrase the straight and narrow means the honest and morally acceptable way of living....