Support The Christ-IN Culture
This week we discuss one of the greatest redemption character arcs in television history as we break down the themes we love from Avatar the Last Airbender Season 3. Join us as we discuss the process of redemption and what lessons we learn from Prince Zuko, Aang, and our other favorite ATLA characters. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- Super Mario: Odyssey (Nintendo Switch Game)
- Tiger King (Netflix Documentary)
- Waco (Netflix Series)
- 'The Human Condition' by Jon Bellion (Music Album)
- Antz (Movie)
- A Bug's Life (Movie)
- Dinosaur (Movie)
- Land Before Time (Movie)
- We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (Movie)
- 'Jerusalema' by Master KG (Song/Dance Challenge)
- The Dollop (Podcast) Crude Language
- GameChops (Musical Group)
- Avatar the Last Airbender (Nickelodeon Cartoon)
- Do something alone that you normally wouldn't do. Take yourself on a date or just go for a walk and take that time with yourself to grow as an individual. Remember that just because you are alone, that doesn't mean you need to be lonely. God is pursuing you always.
- Seek mercy both in your human relationships and with God. If possible, go to confession.
Check Us Out
- Dot and Line Article: "The Best Redemption Arc in Television History, Examined" — Long before the series began, when Iroh faced his lowest moment, it changed him into the man of wisdom, patience, and balance that could help Zuko become the same. But even with that wisdom, Zuko had to learn the hard way—by failing, by hurting the ones he loved, and by betraying his true self until, finally, he could find it.
- Geeks Under Grace Article: "ZUKO AND THE PRODIGAL SON" — As Christians, it’s hard to miss the parallelism between Zuko and the parable Jesus tells about the Prodigal Son. For those unfamiliar with it, the parable is the story of a son who prematurely requests his monetary inheritance from his father....
- Why Zuko's redemption arc succeeds where others fail — In Avatar: The Last Airbender, Zuko has an iconic redemption arc. This video details why Zuko's redemption arc works so well within the story of The Last Airbender.
- Avatar: 15 Reasons Zuko's Character Arc Is A Masterpiece — Avatar The Last Airbender had a lot of interesting characters, but the one that showed the most growth was Zuko as he went from villain to hero.
- Avatar Sub-elements Chart
- IMDB - Avatar: The Last Airbender — In a war-torn world of elemental magic, a young boy reawakens to undertake a dangerous mystic quest to fulfill his destiny as the Avatar, and bring peace to the world.