Support The Christ-IN Culture
This week we take on one of our favorite childhood shows which has completely shaken the world now that it's on Netflix; Avatar the Last Airbender. In part one of our ATLA series this week we discuss the first two seasons of the show, and some of the key themes that make us love it so much. Join us as we take a look at what we as Christians can learn from the show even though it's based on Eastern religions. Spoiler...There is a lot. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (Netlfix Series)
- Super Mario: Odyssey (Nintendo Switch Game)
- Super Mario: Galaxy (Nintendo Wii Game)
- Super Mario: Sunshine (Nintendo Gamecube Game)
- Avatar the Last Airbender (Nickelodeon Cartoon)
- "Words of Radiance" by Brandon Sanderson (Book)
- "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson (Book)
- Drain the Oceans (Disney+ Series)
- In the midst of struggle, accept where God has placed you right now and strive to be faithful and holy in your immediate role. See this as an opportunity for growth within a type of extended Lent.
- Pray and meditate on what it means that we as Christians are "a people of hope."
Check Us Out
- IMDB - Avatar: The Last Airbender — In a war-torn world of elemental magic, a young boy reawakens to undertake a dangerous mystic quest to fulfill his destiny as the Avatar, and bring peace to the world.
- Christianity and Avatar: The Last Airbender — Though this is not a Paul related experience, Zuko has one of the most beautiful, Christ-like moments of the entire show. After abandoning his Uncle Iroh, who has been traveling with him since season one, Zuko once again attempts to capture Aang at the end of season two.