Support The Christ-IN Culture
By request, this week we take on a classic movie which is basically Community meets fantasy D&D adventure: 'The Princess Bride.' This movie is jam packed with Christian themes that help us understand the love and sacrifice of Christ as He pursues His Princess Bride; the Church. Could Inigo Montoya reflect aspects of Peter's papacy? Is Fred Savage's character a metaphor for Christian conversion? Join us in our discussion this week and let us know what you think! #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- When They See Us (Netflix Miniseries) Mature Content
- Waco (Netflix Miniseries)
- Jimmy Akin's Mysterious World (Podcast)
- Black Mirror (Netflix Series)
- Riverdale (TV Show)
- Flash (TV Show)
- Yugioh (Anime)
- Hamilton (Musical Soundtrack)
- Dear Evan Hansen (Musical Soundtrack)
- "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson (Book)
- "Star Wars: Thrawn Treason" by Timothy Zahn (Book)
- 'The History of Ancient Greece' (Podcast)
- 'The History of Egypt Podcast' (Podcast)
- "The History of Rome' (Podcast)
- The Princess Bride (Movie)
- Batman (Comic)
- Avengers: Infinity War (Movie
- Assess your spiritual, physical, and mental health. Then ask yourself "are they balanced?" and "What am I doing to grow in each of these areas?"
- Honestly evaluate your relationship with the Gospel and determine which of the stages you find yourself in. (Dislike, Passive, Actively Invested, Acceptance) If you find yourself in one of the first two, what is keeping you from taking the next step?
Check Us Out
- 'The Dread Pirate and the Pope' NCR Interview with Cary Elwes — Cary Elwes was known for his role as Westley — a.k.a. the Dread Pirate Roberts — in the memorable 1987 film The Princess Bride. But that was before he got the role of a lifetime, playing young Karol Wojtyla in CBS’ “Pope John Paul II” miniseries, which Ignatius Press has just released on DVD.
- Home Movie: The Princess Bride | Quibi — Home Movie: Princess Bride is a scrappy fan film dedicated to one of the most beloved movies of all time. To benefit World Central Kitchen during the Covid crisis, a troop of today’s most talented actors assembled to create a backyard adventure of this timeless classic.
- The Princess Bride IMDB — While home sick in bed, a young boy's grandfather reads him the story of a farmboy-turned-pirate who encounters numerous obstacles, enemies and allies in his quest to be reunited with his true love.
- Inconceivable! The Catholic Twists of ‘The Princess Bride’ — Ask me what my favorite movie is, and I will answer without hesitation: “The Princess Bride.” For those of you who have never had the pleasure of watching this cult-classic, it’s about the romance between Westley and Buttercup, whose relationship is threatened when an evil prince named Humperdinck kidnaps Buttercup to become his wife.
- Religious Themes in The Princess Bride — There are movies that challenge you, movies that move you, movies that change the way you see the world—and then there are movies that are just fun! One expects to find religious themes in these first three sorts of movies, but religious themes in a movie that just makes you laugh and feel good? And yet, this is exactly what we find in The Princess Bride.