Support The Christ-IN Culture
Speaking openly about death is something that is taboo in many modern cultures. Why do we avoid talking something so inevitable? Are we afraid or is it something else? Join us to find out as we discuss the movie 'The Farewell' and what it can teach us about our faith. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- The Farewell (Movie)
- 7 Days to Die (Video Game)
- Pokemon: Sword (Video Game)
- Pokemon: Shield (Video Game)
- "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini (Book)
- "Household Tales by the Brothers Grimm" by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm (Book of Folk Tales)
- Twitch (Streaming Platform)
- Jon "BeardedBlevins" Blevins (Twitch Streamer)
- Daddy Yankee (Puerto Rican Reggaeton Musician)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV Show)
- Community (TV Show)
- I Am Innocent (Mobile Game)
- Sentence (Mobile Game)
- 'Come Healing' by Elayna Boynton
- Listen to the closing song of the movie 'Come Healing' by Elayna Boynton and take the lyrics to your prayer. (See link below for lyrics)
- Talk to someone you trust about your death and discuss what desires you have for when you die.
- Be vulnerable and honest with someone you trust and talk about how you are really doing with everything going on in your life right now.
- Take to prayer what it means to be an adopted child of God.
Check Us Out
- The Christ-IN Culture Episode with Jon "BeardedBlevins" Blevins - "Ep. 93: Fortnite "Pre" Evangelization ft. Jon Blevins (BeardedBlevins)" — This week we are joined by guest host Jon Blevins AKA "BeardedBlevins" who is a Director of Evangelization for a Catholic Parish and a Twitch Streamer. He uses his Twitch stream to play the Battle Royale game 'Fortnite' and "pre" evangelize to his community with his signature phrase "I love you. God loves you more. Let's go change the world" being the center of that message. Join us this week as Jon teaches us about what it means to Evangelize and how we can use new platforms and different aspects of the culture to reach those who have never really been exposed to the Gospel. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- The Christ-IN Culture Episode with Mrs. Ruvi - "Cooking with Good Eggs ft. MrsRuvi (Part 1)" — This week we are joined by Katie Ruvalcaba AKA Twitch Streamer 'MrsRuvi'. "Sometimes I worry that the Church makes too much of an effort to change the Church to fit the chat instead of allowing the chat to fit the Church." Join us as we discuss the importance of living our faith in our daily lives, the impact of a faithful Catholic with a "normal" story, and how a little food can create a space for community. Also, Gordon forgets how chairs work. #WelcomeToTheAdventure
- Death Over Dinner — How we want to die – represents the most important and costly conversation America isn’t having. We have gathered dozens of medical and wellness leaders to cast an unflinching eye at end of life, and we have created an uplifting interactive adventure that transforms this seemingly difficult conversation into one of deep engagement, insight and empowerment. We invite you to gather friends and family and fill a table.
- 'Come Healing' by Elayna Boynton — O gather up the brokenness and bring it to me now The fragrance of those promises you never dared to vow The splinters that you carry, the cross you left behind Come healing of the body Come healing of the mind And let the heavens hear it, the penitential hymn Come healing of the spirit Come healing of the limb